Counselling Therapy for Anxiety in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Anxiety Counselling and Anxiety Therapy in Stoke on Trent.
Anxiety is the symptom of Anxious Thinking, or Rumination as it is often called.
Anxious thinking is the cause … Anxiety is the symptom that you feel in the body.
There are Many Types of Anxiety.
- General Anxiety Disorder (eg; anxious about being late, worrying about pretty much everything. From the car breaking down to worrying about not being able to sleep at night)
General Anxiety is very common. Millions of humans suffer from general anxiety.
- Social Anxiety is being uncomfortable with social occasions. Fear of attending weddings or funerals or even smaller social events. An evening out with friends, or even the fear of interaction with colleagues in the workplace.
- Anxious Sweating. Anxiety can get so bad that you sweat profusely and try as you might, you can’t control your own bodily functions.
- Panic Attacks are at the more severe end of the scale in terms of anxiety. They are extremely scary and for the anxious sufferer …. A Nightmare!
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is an acute form of Anxiety.
The Effects of Anxiety on the Body
The above are a few examples of anxiety and one or two examples of how anxiety can affect the physical body.
Consequently the emotions are affected badly too. So are the patterns of thought and actions and behaviours we exhibit based on what we’re thinking about habitually.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could learn how to stop engaging in this mindless activity?
Well the good news is …
As an example; We can learn how not to be so anxious.
Realistically, we might never become the most laid back person in the world, but we can learn how to become more peaceful with it.
Furthermore; we can learn how to ‘prevent’ panic attacks. And In addition we can overcome anxious sweating. Similarly not avoiding minor social events.
Learning how to become anxiety free is not much different than learning how to play the guitar.
We can all learn how … It just takes (Practice)
To summarise; Anxiety Counselling or Therapy can seriously change your life for the better.
Can you spare the time to learn a new skill to enhance your life?
Thanks for reading
If you wish to contact me click here
Or check out my BACP Website or my Linkedin Webpage below to learn a little more about me …